I am so excited to be sharing a new farmhouse DIY video with you all today! This farmhouse DIY took place as I got my guest bedroom ready for the new year! It is a pretty simple project and yet another way to create farmhouse art using milk paint! I have been a believer in milk paint ever since I opened my first bag of Miss Mustardseed milk paint several years ago! You just can’t beat the incredible texture and authentic chippyness that ensues when you paint an old (or new) piece of furniture with milk paint! I have had this beautiful bag of milk paint in the color “trophy” sitting waiting for the perfect project for well over a year! I have a lot of gray hues accenting my guest bedroom so when I started thinking about this sign I knew it would be just the color to bring this graphic quilt top inspired design to life!!
This project requires the use of a Silhouette cutting machine which you all may know by know is a tool I love to use for so many projects but especially sign making! Once you have downloaded the design I will have linked at the end of this post, just use the tracing tool in the free silhouette software and trace the design. Then you can size it up and down to fit the required size you have in mind.
If you are looking for more farmhouse inspired DIY projects be sure to check out this page HERE and of course my YouTube channel! I try to upload a few DIY videos a month all of which are farmhouse inspired! For your convenience this post contains affiliate links
- Wood (this is the kind I use from Home Depot)
- Flat Latex Paint for background (Ace Brand Flat Paint is my go to for signs!)
- Milk Paint- This link will help you find a local or online retailer.?I prefer Miss Mustard Seeds Milk Paint and used the color Trophy
- Foam Roller
- Paint Brush
- Oracle 631 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape ( this is my all time favorite)
- Weeding Tool ( I use medical grade scalpels from Amazon)
- Credit Card – to help transfer on the template
- Pallet Wood- I used an old weathered pallet I pulled apart for the frame
- Nails- for frame
- Hanging Hardware
- Silhouette Cutting Machine
Thanks so much for watching and stopping by!!