Your bedroom should be the retreat of your home if its not already, today I’m going to share with you how to dress it up in your favorite farmhouse style and truly create a space that you love and look forward to retiring too each day!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.
Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
My Top Tips to Bring the Farmhouse Look to Your Bedroom:
1. LINENS: The first place to begin when trying to add farmhouse flair to your bedroom would be your bedding and linens! White bedding is a simple way to add a luxury feel to your room and keep a neutral soft pallet to add different textures and patterns! I found this flannel plaid sheet set at Target last year and paired under my white quilt and pillows! Which creates the perfect farmhouse bedding! It doesn’t have to be super expensive to create the look you are after! I have found over the years that when it comes to bedding, simple is always better! When you pick a bedding set with a busy pattern or bold color scheme you easily get stuck in a box and before you know it your stuck to a stringent “theme” that will quickly go out of style! So my tip is to keep it neutral and simple! If you want to get daring get some fun sheets or throw pillows!
ACCENTS: accents can easily help you transform your bedroom into a farmhouse haven on a budget. A few farmhouse style items I find myself regularly gravitating towards are:
2. Greenery, simple boxwood wreaths and topiary’s are a great way to add a little color to a neutral space! and definitely embody the farmhouse feel !
3. Galvanized items! Galvanized items are a great way to add a different texture to your room! The tin galvanized shelf linked below is a great statement piece that would look beautiful above a bed! but you could also pick simpler items like a galvanized pitcher filled with your favorite flowers, or a galvanized bin for storage and organization!
4.Exposed wood grain! Real wood is a perfect way to create that rustic farmhouse feel! You could use simple items like the rustic barn arrow linked below or a the ladder and display your favorite farmhouse quilts on it! No farmhouse inspired space is complete without some beautiful wood grain the older the better!
5. Light fixtures, there are so many amazing farmhouse inspired lighting these days its hard to even know where to start! My personal favorite style is a classic bronze chandelier! This is perfect for a bedroom because it is a little more elegant and upscale while also still feeling farmhouse!
6. Furniture- re-purposing something old is a sure fire way to really get the farmhouse look! paint an old dresser with a weathered technique or find an old iron bed that will pair perfectly with your farmhouse linens!
These elements listed below will help you create the farmhouse look effortlessly! They can all be found right on amazon! So get your jammies on grab your favorite drink and determine which items would help instantly transform your own bedroom! Maybe you need some fun throw pillows, or its finally time to switch out that boring light fixture with a bronze and Chrystal chandelier (my personal favorite!)
or a adding some pretty greenery to bring your dresser decor to life!! Simple touches like pretty baskets and wall decor will help you transform your room! Work with what you have and let me know in the comments what items you are loving most to create that farmhouse inspired look! And of course if you have your own suggestions feel free to leave your links in the comments below!
My Favorite Farmhouse Inspired bedroom decor from Amazon:
Thanks so much for stopping by I hope you found these farmhouse bedrooms finds inspiring and are ready to tackle you own space!!